Saturday, September 4, 2010

Struggle - STRUGGLE - Struggle

September 4, 2010    Saturday    Struggling Never Ends

Don't know why I should be surprised that every time I think NOW I am on a roll and this will just keep going, that I get sidetracked.  Realize having body pains leads me to "throw in the towel" thinking.  My ankle has been giving me awful pain the last two days and today I found it hard to write down the calories of what I ,am eating.  Dr. Drew Pinsky was on a talk show the other day (repeat show) saying "an addict needs ongoing treatment, just like a diabetic.  Needs to be attended to every day or it goes out of control."   I really thought once the underlying roots of the WHY of the behavior was unearthed the behavior would stop.  All the awareness does is gives you a heads up to make a choice, to stop the behavior.  Maybe someday it will become automatic but I don't know.
       Loretta, another blogger, compared the size of the Cessna Airplane to a Boeing Jet and made the metaphor on how much different it is to get the two planes in the air to how different it is for someone who is morbidly obese. to someone who needs to lose 10 or 20 pounds.  Anyone who has not been morbidly obese can't relate to those of us that are.  Even the experts listing rules and methods needed to lose - only list the surface methods. The food part of the diet is only one portion (10%) of success.  The mental and emotional side of the coin are 80%.  We don't only eat because we are hungry! It's a lifetime struggle.
    Good going to all of us that are struggling.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment